Sunday 14 December 2014

TGIF

Dear paycheck;

Thank you for showing up in my bank account on a bi-weekly basis to financially, (almost) sustain me. 

I truly appreciate the gesture of compensation , as do my various creditors, merchants, my kids, and of course, the revenue agency. 
 
In We have had a decent relationship, you and I- me being ambitious and driven, and you being the double edged sword reward for all my toil and corporate compliance.

My entrepreneurial spirit has somehow succumbed to the fear that I would be reduced to desperation and loss with you... I  am , er, dependent.

This is how I feel about my paycheck. 
Or rather, what I am doing to earn it. 
My soul has shrunk. I have no passion.
I have no desire to be earning.  It's  eating me alive inside...some days it literally is. 

Tgif

No comments:

Post a Comment